[meteorite-list] Fake impact video

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Oct 6 18:12:35 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 07:51:13 -0600, "Chris Peterson" <clp_at_alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:

>The clip is from a commercial for the Toyota Tacoma. The whole thing is at
>http://www.methodstudios.com/mot690 , complete with the legalese caption
>identifying the event as a dramatization, and the catch-phrase "Tacoma -
>meteor-proof" (before this actually gets aired the lawyers will probably
>make them add some small print that says "not really".

Having today found a copy of the movie, I see that the special effects in the Toyota commerical are
much better than those in the movie. Here are all the scenes from the movie that show
meteors/meteorites (I expected much more). The guy in clips 2 and 4 is the guy I thought I saw the
arm/beer/hat of in the Toy Yoda commercial. (Clips are encoded in divx, www.divx.com)

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/clip_1.avi
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/clip_2.avi
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/clip_3.avi