[meteorite-list] Black stone of Paphos

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 1 16:14:33 2005

Hi Chris,

I brought it several times to the attention of the list, check the archives.
with my temper, it's better not to repeat it :-)

Short-info:
Nobody tested it, nobody is interested in testing it and nobody is knowing
why noone of the professionals is interested in testing it.

The stone of Paphos is the only one of the many possible meteorites of
classic ancient world, which survived.
You'll find it on display in the local archeological museum in Kouklia in
Cyprus for display, a popular sight for tourists.
Opening hours (opened throughout the whole year), entrance fees, phone
number - see old mails.

Best!
Martin