[meteorite-list] meteorite cutting loss and polishing loss

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 30 05:29:36 2005

Dear Dirk and all Meteorite Fans,

As an iformation, I just cut for the first time some of our CO3 (Acfer 333) with a 300?m thick blade, and polished them afterwards
in order to remove as well as possible the blade's scratches. The total loss has been about 25%, based on an original fragment
weighing 92g. This meteorite is quite porous and fragile (less than our Acfer 331 - CM2, but not that far...).
Just my 2 cents,

Frederic Beroud
http://www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA member # 2491 (http://www.imca.cc/)