[meteorite-list] Secret Santa-met

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 29 16:55:20 2005

Hola list,

No this isn't that new town that voted to assume the name secretsanta.com,
so please read on!

With the Holiday spirit now upon us, and the sales machines now in full
swing, and before granny gets put on an auction block or run over by a reindeer,
bless her unfortunate luck, I was thinking there is something missing in this
community of like minded rocks-for-brains colleagues (speaking for myself,
of course).

Any interest in a secret santa exchange? Trading is fun too, it doesn't all
have to be all about feedback and faceless sellers or maybe friendly ones,
so I'd like to volunteer to coordinate a "Secret Santa" exchange for the
holidays. Yup, the wonderful feeling of giving and receiving meteorites as
surprises and keeping in touch with your meteorite friends.

Also, feel free to get your loved ones or precious ones involved. Spencer
or Pepito might love to get a meteorite and a letter from a far away place...

Send me your names and shipping addresses if you want to, and commit to,
participate. All you have to do is pick out a fun gift for a meteorite friend I
will tell you in one week's time, and you can expect a meteorite will also
be dropped down your chimney, or whatever Rudolph and the team decide as far
as transportation at their discretion.

The Twelve Rules of Secret Santa follow:
1. Gifts must be classified meteorites, or those being actively classified.
2. Gifts must reasonably be worth $20
3. You must send a gift in an opportune manner to the person for whom you
are Santa Claus
3. You must pay for the shipping for the person for which you are Santa
Claus, but you choose to use reindeer or other method of Santa's choice
4. You won't know who your Santa is in advance.
5. You will know who your good little girl or boy is two weeks before Xmas
Day.
6. This event is open to nice people who like to give of all religious
denominations.
7. If there is an unforseen screw-up with the shipping, you won't get too
mad at anyone and do your best to be forgiving - this is meant to be lots of
fun.
8. I have no responsibility in this. I will do my best to efficiently
assign you the name and shipping address of your lucky recipient of your
Santa-ing, and I get to participate.
9. There are no commissions, no payments, no fees, no nutin' else allowed.
Just plain anticipation of new or old friends and little surprise meteorites
to and from Santa.
10. Cards are strongly suggested, but not required, because they are fun,
too.
11. If other family or friends participate please be sure they have the
necessary support from you make their recipient smile, too.
12. Please specify the name of the person receiving the gift (whether you
or someone you are giving a hand to) as they would see it on a greeting card.

Saludos, Doug