[meteorite-list] NEW 400 Kg European meteorite

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2004_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 29 16:43:20 2005

News on this meteorite? I have ask to some friends
works in a museum of this found but have say not know
nothing of this news.

Matteo

--- vincent J <meteorh3_6_at_hotmail.com> ha scritto:

---------------------------------
Dear List,

I have the pleasure to announce you the discovery of a
very big new meteorite in Europe. This meteorite has
been discovered in Benelux area, but exact
localization stay confidential at this time.
http://www.webastro.net/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1656

I have the honnour to have identified this new
meteorite and process with the first identifications.
The stone, always under study, is an iron silicated
meteorite. The meteorite has been found during
building excavation.

It interesting to know that these meteorite is
probably the second largest european meteorite (in one
piece).
The first mass is "La Caille", 625 Kg , iron french
meteorite found around 1500 in south of France and
identified in 1828.
The second would be these new meteorite with an approx
weight of 360-400 Kg.
Note: The german Bitburg meteorite was 1,5 ton, but a
considerable part has been melt 150-200 years ago and
 this meteorite is now very rare.

More informations will be available on my website in
the next days.

Vincent JACQUES

M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2004_at_yahoo.it