[meteorite-list] Meteorite indentification

From: Steve Schmidt <sschmidt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 29 16:29:45 2005

I inherited a large rock collection and this "heavy rock" was included.
It is about the size of 1/3 a basketball with this label attatched:

Meteor:
Edge of xxxxxfield Lake, Nevada
10 feet underground.
Contents 5% Nickel
18x oz. of gold to ton.
weight 40 lbs.
Gene Perry

I have found someone locally that will cut a slice off for me to help
with identification. I have also tried the University of Minnesota, and
Nevada and gotten no where. If this is what the label indicates I would
think it had a better purpose than laying out in the garden. Any help
with what to do with this are appreciated.

I do have photos available by email request at:
steveschmidt49_at_earthlink.net

Thanks, Steve Schmidt