[meteorite-list] New Iron-Nichel posphide official name

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 26 10:07:48 2005

Hi G?ran,

I have another guess.
At the Museo di Scienze Planetarie of Prato
(http://www.mspo.it/ingl/homei.html)
is working a mineralogist a certain Marcello Mellini (Modesty is his middle
name).
In a sudden fit of unassumigness, he decided to name the new mineral
"nahabedite". Matteo couldn't accept this honour and in a generous act of
reconciliation,
he proposed to name it "farmerite". Unfortunately all his emails ended up in
Mike's spam folder,
but the professor couldn't wait anylonger with the publication,
so that he finally called it:
Mellini-ite.

Buckleboo.
Martin