[meteorite-list] Museum Bally-Prior

From: Martin Horejsi <accretiondesk_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 18 11:30:19 2005

Hi Martin and All,

Thank for the info on the Bally-Prior Museum.

In my current Accretion Desk article in the MeteoriteTimes.com, I
asked viewers to share any information about the source of a crusted
specimen of the Mern meteorite that moved through the J.M. DuPont
collection.

There was a notation on the card with a BMS number and text indicating
an exchange with Bally. I suspected that BMS was the British Museum,
but instead as a thoughful reader pointed out, is actually Bally-Prior
Museum in Switzerland.

Here is the link to the article, and the specimen card in question is
about half-way through the page.

http://meteoritetimes.com/current_links/Accretion_Desk.htm

Cheers,

Martin