[meteorite-list] oriented vs orientated

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 12 01:13:35 2005

Fashizzle, mah nizzle!

(Don't get me going about how the news media and Hollywood seem to have a
mission to make any new grunt become a new word)

From: Thomas Uza <biscuit_40_at_yahoo.com>
To: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_nvbell.net>
CC: Meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] oriented vs orientated
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:44:19 -0800 (PST)

There's no right or wrong here. As Norm pointed out,
oriented is the best choice in the states. If I
remember correctly, as Doug pointed out, orientated
was an unacceptable word years ago which has now
gained acceptance. I remember using the word
orientated in high school and being severely
chastised. It was a good while back.

Thomas