[meteorite-list] Steve Makes Front Page

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 11 11:20:43 2005

Good morning all:

Steve made the front page of "The Wichita Eagle" this morning. The
article is online, and there's a great color photo which shows the
meteorite much more clearly than in the pics I posted.

Excerpt:

"In Kansas, meteorite hunter finds a gem.

In a flat field in western Kansas, former Wichitan Steve Arnold may
have found a big piece of the sky. Two weeks ago, Arnold, a
professional meteorite hunter now based in Kingston, Ark., uncovered a
1,400-pound meteorite . . . "

Full article here:

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/13139061.htm

Also, KUTV in Salt Lake City has a slightly shorter version of the news
broadcast. Those who had trouble viewing it on the KAKE-TV site might
want to try this one (it worked okay on my Mac):

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_315005934.html

Okay, thanks, more later.

Cheers,

Geoff N.