[meteorite-list] A "Thank You" for Joel Schiff, Important

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 8 00:57:13 2005

Dear Listees:

I sent a BCC of that last post to Christine. This one is just for the
List.

I think we all care deeply about Joel's health and I would like to send
him a substantial gift from the community as a "thank you" for eleven
years of hard work. I propose that a collection be made and the
proceeds used to purchase a very special meteorite as a gift to Joel
from all of us. Anyone who would like to discuss how we could best
accomplish this, please write to me off-List.

I am open to any suggestions, and would like to see this happen sooner
rather than later.

Any dealers who might have something special that they'd be willing to
make available at a favorable price, please write to me too.

Thanks,

Geoff N.