[meteorite-list] AD: new website

From: Sergey Vasiliev <petrovich_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Nov 6 15:43:17 2005

Hello List!

This is an advertisement for those who collect or have an interest not only
in meteorites themselves but in meteorite related rocks and minerals too. I
just opened a new website: "Impactites and Rare Minerals":
http://sv-meteorites.jodoshared.com/ASPNET/default.aspx

That's just a beginning (there is no good design or more functions I want to
put in) and actually there are no Impactites in there yet (I'm waiting for
the details of their locations) but three interesting items already are in:

Not to use my poor English for the mineral explanation I'm copying a links
to the better source ;-)

Rare minerals:

Lonsdaleite:
http://www.mindat.org/min-2431.html

Mascelynite:
http://www.mindat.org/min-7765.html

Fulgurites:
http://www.mindat.org/min-7747.html
Actually not connected to the meteorite events but really nice glass from a
new location (not even listed at the link above and probably never will be
because of just one small place suddenly founded). This glass was formed
when lightning hits the basaltic rocks. Nice glass!

Thanks for your time!
Sergey
Sergey Vasiliev
U Dalnice 839