[meteorite-list] Where is Lahmada 016?

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 3 14:57:13 2005

Listees,

I have got a question regarding the whereabouts of a Western
Sahara find of the pre-NWA times, namely LAHMADA 016. This one
was formally classified by A. Saxton of Milton Keynes, Open
University, has been published in MetBull 84, and is in the
possession of an anonymous person (..or may be has been sliced
up since then..?? I don?t know but would wish to find out though
chances are less than small with such an inquiry).

The reason is: I have got LAHMADA 007 in my collection, a very
nice 620.6 g H5 stone (S3, W1/2), formally recognized under this
name (unchanged ever since) and published in that same MetBull 84.

Now my specimen is the main mass of that still valid data base
entry for a specific meteorite, but it was also stated it may be
paired to LAHMADA 016, found 1998 in Western Sahara.

Anyone knows where LAHMADA 016 is now, may have it in the collection
or knows something about it?s fate?

Two finds from a very different era *before* the big NWA rush, still
known and formally recognized (!) under Non-NWA names, which make
them "special" in a way...

Alex
Berlin/Germany