[meteorite-list] 4WD Rental in the USA

From: Pelé Pierre-Marie <pierremariepele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 3 09:16:32 2005

Hello to the List,

A message for californian meteorite fans...

That's a little bit off topic but I plan to go the US
next year for a 3 weeks trip. I'll do some meteorite
hunting and will start my journey from LA.

I wish to rent a real 4WD (not a SUV... but better, as
Range Rover, Jeep Wrangler, ...). Does anybody know a
good rental company in LA (good cars, reasonable
prices) and that accepts that the 4WD will be used on
tracks ?

Also, I rented a SUV this year and broke a shock
absorber on a Death Valley track (in the contract, it
was written in small that the SUV cars couldn't go on
tracks but only on paved road !!!). Hopefully, I
didn't have to pay for the repair...

Is there the same problem when renting a 4WD car ?

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Best regards,

Pierre
www.meteor-center.com