[meteorite-list] what could this be?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu May 26 12:36:29 2005

<http://members.aol.com/Waucoba7/redrock/petrified13.html>

I agree with Dave.

Can't speak with any experience for fossil palm root
from that part of Texas, but the above web page has a
series of good images of Palmoxylodon mohavensis from
the Mojave Desert. Click on "Go" to see each image.

But to see a good example of what Norm Lehrman
described as bundles of "vascular tissue", go to the
bottom of this web page and look at the "tree ferns":

http://waynesword.palomar.edu/trjune99.htm

You judge for yourself, but in many cases, these "out
of place" rocks turn out to be a transported volcanic
breccia. (And in some other well-publicised cases,
just some bizzare piece of "slag".)

Bob V.