[meteorite-list] Re: H7 vs. PAC

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 25 18:14:21 2005

Hello Adam,

I guess you're right about all scientists not using the same terminology
yet, Portales Valley is a good example. However, there are numerous
published papers over the past few years which attempt to adequately
constrain the parameters that define these terms, and from what I've
read, I feel that they're mostly consistent with one another and that
these terms are pretty clearly defined already. Obviously, progress in
science moves slowly and gives everyone a chance to have their say,
which is how it should work. Certainly a real consensus can't be far
off, and I suspect, in my opinion, that the conventions outlined by Jeff
Grossman, which is based on many other scientist's views, will win the
day. I would love to be on the inside listening in on the debates.

David