[meteorite-list] Re: Now, Mr.Steve - This is my offer [OT]

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 25 15:54:23 2005

"Saludos" Doug posted:

> We boast having given the French their green beans . . . the British
> their corn syrup ??? (and corn)

What?

Marmite, baked beans on toast, PG Tips (Ceylon tea), India pale ale,
marmalade, crumpets, and fish & chips maybe. But corn syrup? Where'd
that come from mate?

BTW, if you *can* provide the above, this British ex-pat will be down
for a vacation in Mexico in no time. It's quite difficult to find a
decent cup of tea in Tucson, and forget about the crumpets.

: )

Geoff N.

p.s. With the annoying wave of "freedom"-oriented political
correctness bombarding all of us here in the U.S. will those tasty
French-cut green beans now have to be renamed Freedom-cut beans. Ack!