[meteorite-list] Springwater Sale Scam...Oh My!

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 25 00:56:00 2005

Earlier this evening, someone sent me the following message concerning
Windy Steve's ongoing, never-ending sale.
Someone else wrote:

"Did you notice the "fluctuations" in the price of the Springwater pieces?

The first 4 were at about $18/g, then half price so about $9/g
But that last one he just put up is $1000 for 28g, so almost $36/g; but
since he says everything is half-price, that makes it almost $18/g. Back
to square one! "

Wish I could take the credit for this breaking news, but several of you
beat me to it.

This is simply a simpleton's version of the Silver City Sale Scam that
we've seen in the past. Call it what you want, but it's a confidence scam
to make people think their getting a 50% discount on a sale item. But, the
seller has jacked the price up to 200% of the original asking price, so
there is no real 50% off...just a rip-off.

Result? The seller gets his full asking price and the buyer gets burned.

Of course, this could be an honest mistake on Steve's part........

Okay, forget I said that.

Or, maybe, the last piece of Springwater could be priced this high because
it comes with a picture!

Not buying the bait-and-switch tactic,

JKGwilliam