[meteorite-list] Two Questions

From: MarkF <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 24 19:15:55 2005

Hi Eric and List

Its my understanding that an atmosphere is created as much by volcanism as
anything else (gravity attracting the gases along with the denser matter
which makes up a globe, ect).
Via volcanoes, gases like H2 O ,SO2 ,CO2 are all generated during
volcanism and found in atmospheres, so finding them in mantle rock isn't
such a hard thing to consider.

Mark Ferguson