[meteorite-list] NWA 987 (Darren's AD)

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 23 17:35:48 2005

Hello Mike and list,

Meteoriticial Bulletin 86 reports the weight at 975 grams, which is were
Darren likely got that number. (Unless it was from my website or Eric
Twelkers)

I have a small 2.66g part slice, with a Farmer card, on my website here:

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colnwa987.html

I wrote that it was purchased in Morocco, as I think that is what the
bulletin reads. Some NWA's it notes as having been purchased in Denver, and
I don't think this one does. I will change that later. Does this mean the
date in the bulletin is off as well? August 1st. The Denver show being in
mid-September.

NWA 987 is a great looking meteorite with wall to wall chondrules....that
seem on average, somewhat small....3-4mm.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

- plaque at the base of the Statue of Liberty. Not talking about NWA's, but
she could have been....:^)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com