[meteorite-list] 3 Day Meteorite Auctions

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 21 13:22:17 2005

Dear Bob;
Many times I get requests for the "buy it now" option and I put it in
most of my auctions. Trouble is that most buyers want a hot deal and
prefer to just bid and wait it out rather than pay a penny too much with
the buy it now option. Another large mistake is that one should bid
what they feel is the most they are willing to pay and expect that they
may not win everything they want if cost is a consideration. There
seems to always be someone willing to pay more. If an item doesn't
sell with the three day auction, the seller is forced to relist and then
the cost vs. profit is changed with a relisting fee. Oddly, and item
that doesn't sell the first go round may have a battle of the bidders
war on the second listing, go figure.
When someone figures it all out they can write a book and sell it to the
 list.
Best Saturday,
Dave Freeman
mjwy