[meteorite-list] AD - A FEW DANDYS

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 21 03:48:57 2005

Mark B mentions:

>Once they approve it I think you can say its official.

Hola Mark, A name is official when you are allowed to use it in a
Meteoritical Society publication, right? I would suspect the only way the NomCom is
going to give advance approval via magic emails, is if you promise you are
working on a peer-reviewed paper for publication in a scientific journal
especially MAPS, and need an approved name for your rock, and have the don to
convince them. I heard through the grapevine, however, that those magic emails were
also available to commercial dealers with no publications, one of the
amounts of: an additional 5 grams or 5% type specimen contribution, or $500 to the
endowment, as long as it isn't the smallest of the three. Saludos, Doug