[meteorite-list] PV way out of hand!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 17 17:14:32 2005

Dear List,

Chondrules have been found in PV so why would it be called a Primitive
Achondrite or an H7? I read that complete chondrules were found within 2mm
of the metal veins raising significant questions about the cooling rate of
the metal. Some feel it would be impossible for a chondrule to survive so
close to the metal if it cooled over millions of years, enough time to
create a pattern. It is an odd ball but by every definition I have read it
is an H6 and is probably the coolest one I have ever seen.

All the best,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock