[meteorite-list] Re: 13.5 kg lunar (Significance)

From: Jeff Pringle <jpringle_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 16 16:38:29 2005

Doug wrote:

'is she stingy because she doesn't send
it to the "Chop Shop" for slicing and dicing to be distributed to careful
collectors as well as those who habitually break them into pieces and allow to
weather away in some corner, before it had been even classified?'

No, and I do not know the whole story, and do hope I was wrong in my 'stingy' comment.
But a cut was made, this much for the science - this much for grandma. Were I to stumble over a lunar, I think I'd place the cut differently - but that's a decision I'd have to be extremely lucky to ever get a chance at making.

Yes, pictures would be nice, for us earthlings.

Jeff

The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential. Therefore, if this message has been received in error, please delete it without reading it. Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege. Please do not disseminate this message without the permission of the author.