[meteorite-list] Kansas Legal Debate: Creation, Evolution andIntelligent Design

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 13 22:54:50 2005

Wow, I just found a direct link between the Kansas ID debate and meteorite collecting. In reading a
transcript of arguments from the public in support of ID, A man named Tony Kostusik, who mentions
being a meteorite collector, gave a brief (and from what I can tell, utterly incoherent and
apparenlty disproving evolution because there are no square clouds) speech at the hearings.

http://www.ksde.org/outcomes/schlagle.htm

"MR. KOSTUSIK: Thank you for your time this evening. My name is Tony Kostusik, K-o-s-t-u-s-i-k,
concerned Kansas citizen, grandfather of four. I have a lumber business, and I have been flying for
40-some years, and I have taken -- I have taken many thousands of pictures. And the pictures that I
brought here tonight with questions on the back, I think, are unanswered by evolution's answer. If
that's the case, I think there needs to be an overhaul of what they -- I am not an educator, so
excuse my language. I think they need to have an overhaul of what they consider scientific
evidence. If the questions on the back are unanswered by Evolution, there has to be a change in
Evolution. It can be partly there, but I think there has to be other alternatequestions brought up,
as it just happened. I've never seen a square cloud in the scientific. I also collect meteorites.
In a current book that I have, it's 222 times, maybe, it's also possible, could have come from,
there are probably, and probably, it goes on and on. I've highlighted 72 different times. I think
it's about time we get some what science matches what we actually see. So please consider that.
Thank you for your time."

And here's an article about the guy and meteorites:

http://www.sas.org/E-Bulletin/2004-04-02/features2/body.html