[meteorite-list] Kansas: Creation, Evolution and Intelligent Design

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 13 11:27:14 2005

Hello all again,

Darren noted:

Actually, when I read the redefinition of science, I really don't have a
problem with it. The
change is from:

"seeking natural explanations for what we observe around us,"

"continuing investigation that uses observation, hypothesis testing,
measurement, experimentation,
logical argument and theory building to lead to more adequate explanations
of natural phenomena."

Which, if taught and followed will give students a toolkit to see what a
load of tripe the creationist agenda really is."

I think most rational people like or at least don't mind the new definition.
  However, do not be disillusioned that they are trying to teaching students
to be open minded. More so, one could not teach creationism under the old
definition. That was the last obstacle to keep the bible out of the
classroom. They need now only to force it on the education board, since the
board rejected it on their own will. This current "debate" will accomplish
that.

I did hear an interesting comment the other day. In the United States, the
constitution gives us freedom OF religion. However, I guess that doesn't
mean we have freedom FROM religion.

A public school should not indorse a religion, as being proper and good,
which also notes other kids (of different or no religion) as being different
and wrong. There are 1000's of private schools for that.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick