[meteorite-list] RE: Is Amgala Official? / New Bulletin

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 10 14:31:48 2005

I agree with Robert Matson that sometimes new material is released too soon.
We claimed from the beginning that Amgala was just a working name and were
given grief because of it. We also said we felt we were jumping the gun
because of outside pressure and our enormous investment in this fall. We no
longer invest heavily into new falls because of how this one was handled.
The NomCom is the ultimate authority so more than likely Oum Dreyga will be
the official name because of the coordinates. Let this be one for the books
next time a new fall is collected.

Kind Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection