[meteorite-list] Is Amgala Official? / New Bulletin

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 10 13:41:42 2005

Dear List,

Amgala was the provisional working name for Oum Dreyga. The meteorite fell
between Amgala and Oum Dreyga in the country of Western Sahara. It was
determined later on to have fallen closer to Oum Dreyga than Amgala thus the
new name. The coordinates were provided by us from the beginning and do
plot closer to Oum Dreyga. If you dig through the archives you will see we
even provided a map. NAU was working on this material from the beginning and
would have also called it Oum Dreyga. It doesn't matter either way because
it is now formerly classified.

All the best,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection