[meteorite-list] Size of diamonds in meteorites

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 9 21:14:35 2005

nanometer - a tiny fraction of the size of the finest grit you would ever
use to polish a meteorite. strangely enough it's not only carbides and
diamonds that lead to wearing out lapping medium - i belive you got a piece
of dho700 from Blaine - try putting a polish on that slice if you havent
already - the material is as hard as the worst of the worst of ureilites -
and last time ichecked there werent any diamonds or carbide found in
diogenites..