[meteorite-list] I've found snow in a meteorite

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 9 17:19:31 2005

Okay, okay, I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's a really white
inclusion in this meteorite and it's making a nice contrast
to the dark matrix.

I bought a number of both cut and uncut unanalysed NWA:s from
Dean a couple of months ago. When I cut one up to slices I was
greeted by a really nice surprise. In one of the meteorites
there were a white inclusion circa 5 mm across.

Here are some pictures on the inclusion.

http://www.meteorite.neab.net/pictures/meteorite-0010.jpg
http://www.meteorite.neab.net/pictures/meteorite-0013a.jpg
http://www.meteorite.neab.net/pictures/meteorite-0013b.jpg
http://www.meteorite.neab.net/pictures/meteorite-0013c.jpg

The inclusion looks like some medium to fine grained mineral with
grey lines (fractures?) criss crossing it.

Does anyone here have a clue of what this is?

Thanks for looking!

/G?ran