[meteorite-list] what??? OT

From: MarkF <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun May 8 20:55:11 2005

Interesting concepts here. But, in my linguistics class, I did learn that
languages evolve just as species do. If the written form does not evolve
with it, one ends up with two different, but somewhat compatible languages.
That was one of the arguments for the slangs a few years ago. And they had a
good argument, but it lacked a basic fundamental aspect. The new languages
could not encompass or express deeper thought.
So why should new words like meteoritics come into being, but the modifiers
and all those other non-noun parts of language have to stay the same or the
rules which govern them? I hope its not just so some professors can keep a
job.

Mark F