[meteorite-list] NPA 03-23-1974 Nakhla Meteorite Dated

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 6 21:23:03 2005

Paper: The Coshocton Tribune
City: Coshocton, Ohio
Date: Saturday Evening, March 23, 1974
Page: 1 (of 8)

Meteorite Young

     HOUSTON (UPI) - A meteorite which fell to earth in Egypt in 1911 is the
youngest meteorite ever discovered, a tender 1.6 billion years, a scientist
said Friday.
     Dr. D. A. Papanastassiou said the meteorite probably was "sitting
around 10 million years" in space before falling to earth.
     "It is a unique meteorite, one of the rarest," the scientist said.

(end)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
http://www.meteoritearticles.com
http://www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com
http://www.imca.cc

http://stores.ebay.com/meteoritearticles

PDF copy of this article, and most I post (and about 1/2 of those on my
website), is available upon e-mail request.

The NPA in the subject line, stands for Newspaper Article. The old list
server allowed us a search feature the current does not, so I guess this is
more for quick reference and shortening the subject line now.