[meteorite-list] Bull's-eye chondrule assumptions (& New Meteorite Atlas)

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 4 03:32:59 2005

I was just going through my emails and found this one. Well, I have just
received Marvin Killgore's new "A Color Atlas of Meteorites in Thin Section"
from Mike Jensen. I highly recommend this book which has numerous fantastic
images of MANY different meteorite types.

One of the things I noticed was that a few of the meteorites presented
actually have Bull's-eye chondrules. For those of you who may have purchased
this book, the page references I have found so far include:

NWA 487 (L/LL3.2) P20-23
LEW 86018 (L3.1) P44-47
ALH 77176 (L3.2) P48-51 (Remnant/Damaged)
QUE 97008 (L3.4) 56-57
LEW 87284 (L3.6) P64-67
ALH 85033 (L4) P72-73
GOLD BASIN (L4) P76-79 (Remnant/Weathered)
MOUNT TAZERAIT (L5) P80-81

Any thoughts?

Jeff