[meteorite-list] WHY, WHY, WHY does this posting bother everyone so much???

From: Gtceb_at_aol.com <Gtceb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun May 1 16:37:00 2005

Steve:
Your continued befuddlement is part of the answer. You just do not get it.
Rather than rehash (it is hard not too, since so many people have told you
time and again to knock it off) what everyone else has said, I will itemize just
some of your issues briefly for you to ponder:
1. Your posts are frequent and irritating to those seeking information beyond
big steve's latest chondrule aquisition or where you went yesterday, today,
tomorrow, or your latest "please like me" give away, or your latest SAU
giveaway, etc. Most people simply do not care. I like Martin's suggestion..go to
YAHOO..( a Yahoo on YAHOO...nevermind)
2. Your "I am harmless" arguement mostly falls on deaf ears. Even with the
delete key at hand, old and new meteorite list members are continually
subjected to your selfish, tedious, ignorant, and boring harangues. I believe your
behavior gives the meteorite community a bad name.
3. You continually exhibit the same behaviors you have apologized for in the
past. It is obvious that the word "learn" is not in your vocabulary. You
have not learned a thing, despite the efforts of many to educate you.
You have been called out and asked to stop by many of the most respected
names in the community, and you habitually ignore them and others trying to help
you learn how to behave.
4. The few "defenders" of your behavior argue that you are "really a nice
guy" and while you post a lot, we should just use the "delete" key and continue
to put up with all your junk. A person that has exhibited the type of
behaviors (we need not go into the reasons that the IMCA used the delete key) that you
have does not belong on the list. Just like Matteo. My opinion.

I would bet if we took a vote of all list members as to whether you should
remain on the list or not, I bet the count would be something like 95% go and 5%
stay. Think about it.

Terry
StarMeteorites