[meteorite-list] Steve I thought you were going to control your postings?

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun May 1 13:07:53 2005

Hi Michael and all,

I have seen you post use the delete key many times (I prefer to use a
filter on my browser so I never see it or waste my time with deleting
messages) HOWEVER, with all the dealers/collectors we have on the list
if each one posted an AD each day or several times a day (yes, I do post
AD's on the list occasionally because of competition), the list would be
bombarded with so many ad messages that it would be hard to trim the fat
out from the meat. Certainly good messages would be missed and I think
are missed.

I agree that responding to an insensitive individual on the list is a
waste of time. The best thing PEOPLE can do is to shun such people. If
you don't respond they loose their power. I agree that people should not
give any response to our friend who was kicked of the list and is
illegally on again under different emails.

One can post repeatedly to use the delete key but then why don't these
people simply use the delete key when they don't like other people
complaining about multiple sales ads??????????? Is there a
difference?????????

The fact is that multiple ad posts whether you use your delete key or
not, dilute the substance of the list and are in my opinion not what the
list was ultimately design for. In the beginning Art wasn't going to
even allow ads and didn't. People kept after him until he relented but
only to "no major ads). I think that repeated ad posts ARE major
advertisements. Now we have what we have. Best!

--AL Mitterling