[meteorite-list] AD - BENGUERIR, SHIROKOVSKY and black crusted NWA

From: Philippe Thomas <thomasmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Mar 31 06:41:38 2005

Hello Matteo, Marcin and listies,
There is no reason to be suspicious about this meteorite : this is a
real witnessed fall.
I was on the strewnfiled few days after the fall and I've recovered
some witnesses reports and have took some photos and some GPS
coordinates of the impact points.
This meteorite has been analysed and declared by a moroccan scientist,
Mrs Chennaoui Aoudjehane, who has got a lot of documentation : pictures
of impact holes, witnesses report.... It will be normally published in
the next Meteoritical Bulletin.
This meteorite is a LL6 as Bensour for example but the visual aspect
(fusion crust, matrix, pools of metal...) between Bensour and Benguerir
is absolutly different, as it is different from Kilabo, another LL6
fall.
A study will be done by the scientists to see if it exists or not a
link between these recent falls.
To do a comparison as Marcin, Benguerir looks as Bensour as Amgala
looks as Zag... : same classification but no possible confusion.

Best wishes,
Philippe Thomas