[meteorite-list] Out of ideas ???

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Mar 27 15:41:14 2005

Hello (again) Christian and list,

Looks like your cosmic cook broke the egg.

Re: www.austromet.com/collection/NWA_Anger_135_49.8g_D.jpg

Christian asked, “This feature is only 1 x 0.3 mm, but very interesting.
What could the yellow material be ? Anyone has an idea ?”

I am not the best person to answer, but I do fit in "Anyone." Most of the
white in stony meteorites, from my limited experience with thin sections,
appears to me to be pyroxene. Pyroxene is defined in Rock from Space as,
"An important silicate mineral found in all stony meteorites; different
pyroxenes form by solid solution with magnesium, iron and calcium.

I think we can rule out iron or calcium.....who about a magnesium inclusion?

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
http://www.meteoritearticles.com