[meteorite-list] Garmin etrex GPS question

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Mar 26 13:14:57 2005

Dear List, lost and found associates;
In the orienteering class I took at the Library last fall with the local
search and rescue representative conducting the class, he had us in SW
Wyoming set to NAD 27 CONUS datum as that is the age of the maps here
the BLM and Sweetwater County uses. Also northing and easting will get
search and rescue out to you faster. A different world indeed.
Best,

Datumdave