[meteorite-list] someone looking for meteorite cuttings CAUTION ADVISED

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:59 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:52:03 -0800 (PST), drtanuki <drtanuki_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Dear List,
> A person requesting meteorite cuttings, dust, etc.
>may be using these materials for illegal uses. Please

Okay, I'm interested. What are illegal uses of meteorite dust? As far as I know, meteorite dust
isn't concidered an illegal drug anywhere (although, under "Tom's Law", they may have to be). I
know that the dust can cause silicosis, but so can more common material, and somehow I don't see
someone attempting to weaponize meteorite dust, running around puffing handsfull into people's faces
trying to clog their lungs. I suppose you could fill a sock with the dust and smack someone over
the head, but a whole stone would be more effective than a sock full of dust. I guess that you
could mail it to Dubbyah and say that it is Anthrax (or mail it to heavy-metal group Anthrax and say
that it is Dubbyah).

>note that the person has used a not posted his name
>and has never posted to this list. Caution Advised.
>I have more details, but for safety concerning
>specific details choose not to specify these details
>to this list. Sincerely, Dirk Ross...Tokyo

So he's going to track you down and kill you if you reveal his dastardly meteorite dust plot to the
world? Does it involve sharks with lasers on their heads?