[meteorite-list] AD - Gorgeous New Howardite Available

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:58 2005

Hi John and list,

Thank you for the congrats. I asked the scientist the same question, "Do you
have any ideas as to why it (NWA 3149) would
be so much more dense than most Howardites?" The basic answer that I
received was that is heavily shocked and/or had a lot of shocked areas. As
far as the source depth of this material compared to other howardites,
that's a question for the more knowledgeable ones on this list. Bernd,
anyone?

"That 34.9g slice is awesome!" It is indeed and was the largest surface area
piece I had. I do have a total of six complete slices in the 25 - 30 gram
range, one is currently on eBay. I also have the other complete stone which
has not been cut yet.

Best regards and happy collecting,

Greg