[meteorite-list] The Hupes' NWA 3148 eucrite ...

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:58 2005

Hi Bernd and list members,

I was equally blown away after my first cut. I thought to myself, "This
resembles a eucrite, but I have not seen one like this. There is just
something different about this one."

Needless to say, I only made one cut and then polished the end cut and took
photos of it to email to the scientist. I left the rest of the stone loaded
in the saw until the end cut was in the scientists hands and he pretty much
agreed that it was a eucrite, but different. I was hoping for better, but
hey, look at what the neat extras it does have.

Too bad it wasn't a larger stone, as all that was available are in
collector's hands.

Best regards,

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection