[meteorite-list] Meteorite hunting : is it legal ?

From: Manoj Pai <manojpai_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:57 2005

Any fall within the geographical boundries of India is
to be handed over the the Geological Survey of India,
which calls its self the sole custodian of meteorites.
We are supposed to hand it over to them immediately or
they will confiscate it applying force.

This law is old and dated and needs to be ammended.

Export of samples for analysis, research etc. is
allowed after completion of the formalities.

Manoj Pai
IMCA # 1661

--- Pelé Pierre-Marie <pierremariepele_at_yahoo.fr>