[meteorite-list] What are the latest Iron Falls?

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:55 2005

Hi,

I always wondered why so few irons have been found so far in the Sahara
Desert... I think that as most of the time they are heavier than OCs, the
ones that landed over there are still under the surface, waiting fo erosion
to make them appearing... Another solution I thought of is that most of them
have been used in the prehistoric time for making tools, as the first iron
tools to be made after the neolithic period were most probably made of
meteoritic material...
Does anybody have any other suggestion?

Cheers,

Fr?d?ric Beroud