[meteorite-list] Oriented chondrules?

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:54 2005

True, I suppose it could be some sort of 'flow effect', as the finer
matrix material interspersed with the Chondrules, presumably when the
whole rock coagulated it would have been very loose (and hot) at first
before being compacted under the mass of rock. Perhaps Oriented
Chondrules originate as part of much larger bodies than the
non-orientated ones .....

I wonder if some sand and a few small round pebbles could be used to
simulate the effect in some way?...

You often get oriented pebbles in terresrial Eocene cliff deposits,
where the stones are all aligned, maybe a similar process is going on
(the stones behaving like large chondrules)

Best,
Mark Ford