[meteorite-list] Dean's meteorites

From: JPBrockets_at_aol.com <JPBrockets_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:54 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 00:59:59 +0100, "Christian Anger" <christian.anger_at_aon.at> wrote:

>Folks !
>
>Just one thing that must be said before I go to sleep.
>(although I thought I should have gone already ? but thinking already of
>making the whole night through)
>
>I recommend to you to have a look at Dean Bessey?s meteorite sales. This man
>has real great stuff at very good prices. It is worth to take a look into
>his inventory or at his sale announcements.
>
>I recently got a bucketful of his meteorites and I am very pleasured ? real
>goooooood stuff !!

I couldn't agree more. Great stuff. Even the 869s, which despite their being so "common" (as far
as you can call a meteorite "common") are still some of my favorite material.

Check out this half-stone that arrived from Dean just today. Unusual color and texture, and not
that much visible metal, but VERY magnetic-- much more than average. The 25 gram slice set me back
only $7.00.

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/unusual_nwa_small.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/unusual_nwa_full.jpg

In a message dated 3/7/2005 8:15:40 PM Central Standard Time, cynapse_at_charter.net writes:
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 00:59:59 +0100, "Christian Anger" <christian.anger_at_aon.at> wrote:

>Folks !
>
>Just one thing that must be said before I go to sleep.
>(although I thought I should have gone already ? but thinking already of
>making the whole night through)
>
>I recommend to you to have a look at Dean Bessey?s meteorite sales. This man
>has real great stuff at very good prices. It is worth to take a look into
>his inventory or at his sale announcements.
>
>I recently got a bucketful of his meteorites and I am very pleasured ? real
>goooooood stuff !!

I couldn't agree more. Great stuff. Even the 869s, which despite their being so "common" (as far
as you can call a meteorite "common") are still some of my favorite material.

Check out this half-stone that arrived from Dean just today. Unusual color and texture, and not
that much visible metal, but VERY magnetic-- much more than average. The 25 gram slice set me back
only $7.00.

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/unusual_nwa_small.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/unusual_nwa_full.jpg

By far, the meteorites that Dean has offered, represent the largest portion of my collection by weight. Common, simply numbered NWA's - they are still travelers from space and are valued members of my collection. Thanks Dean for making them available.

And as to the other "historic" falls / finds. They too grace my collection. I'd like to thank any and all meteorite hunters who make such items available.

Juris Breikss
jpbrockets_at_aol.com