[meteorite-list] Re: A few exaggerated

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:54 2005

Sergio Leone, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...seem to have inspired more than Quentin Tarantino - right Matteo?. But you gotta feel a little sorry for the bad guy who's body ends up riddled with bullets. This Spaghetti western style posting seems to be enjoyable for many on the list. I prefer hillbilly to Western:

Hi John, Whar's that varmint whut took all mah cheekens? What's the difference between him and and Tater* in Tucson who walked two doors down from his room to another dealer, bought NWA 869 there and TWO MINUTES later had it proudly displayed at his entranceway at over 5 times the price he paid moments earlier. I believe he even got to use the same flat in the display!

Is the "personal collection" comment really all that bad, or just shamelessly in line with the collective garbage happening in the market for the uninitiated. Whilst my sense of morality is in absolute agreement with you, the question on where the line is drawn is painful when we depart from worrying the authenticity, the whole authenticity and nothing but the authenticity, and not sound like Loweezy and Elviney.

Of course the fact that they are NWA 869 from Moroccans, and not crown jewels from Bob Haag, and the guy is an ebay buyer, not a recognized meteorite dealer might make it obvious for consternation in one case...or maybe this gouger needs some directions on how to flip meteorites the honest way by some of the gurus since for all we know he is a cussing misbehavin' single mom trying to get $ to pay last month's rent payment...
Just my 2 ctvos.
Doug
*The names have been changed to protect the 'innocent'. So kindly don't ask unless you just are looking for trouble

dealer in Tucson two doors away