[meteorite-list] Some Images of the Randsburg California Iron

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 28 04:26:53 2005

Dear J?rn,

I agree with most everything you stated. It is too early in the game to
give absolute values before much more study is completed. So far, the story
checks out on this particular meteorite and more importantly I still believe
most people are honest including the sellers of this meteorite. Why would
somebody who does not even deal in meteorites make up such a story, use
accurate names of rock shops, people and locations, and then ask way below
market for even a common find? I do not sense any fraud here. If a CD was
somehow misrepresented forty years ago to the Randsdale Rock Shop owners I
could see this but not a Campo. To me, it looks different than either a CD
or a Campo realizing that both are highly variable. Checking out the
history of a particular piece is part of the treasure hunt not assuming that
everybody is out to cheat each other.

Kind Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection