[meteorite-list] POSTING ABOUT POSTING TO THE LIST

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 26 03:48:28 2005

Hi,

    Posted in the hope it helps somebody with the same problem.

    Invariably, every month or so, somebody posts, saying "Suddenly, I
can't post to the List." Every week or so, there is a posting on behalf
of somebody who can't post to the List at all anymore, like John
Blennert's with the Oman horror story.

    Happened to me a couple of months ago. Just happened to me again.
But here I am.

    THE CURE is to go to:
    <http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/options/meteorite-list/>

    To do this, you have to allow the pairlist cookie to be enabled.
They all want into the Cookie Jar, don't they? It's possible my
ruthless house-cleaning of cookies may be the reason for my troubles, so
give'em their cookie.

    Log in if you know your password. Request your password if you
don't. Once logged in, go down to OPTIONS and click "Submit." You don't
have to change anything, just "Submit." THEN, log out (nothing happens
until you do that, it appears), then...

    You are restored. It's like a magic bullet, a miracle drug, which
is wonderful because it seems you have to take The Cure every month or
so!

    It's like the server has Alzheimer's...

    But it works, if you give it a nudge.

Sterling K. Webb