[meteorite-list] Earth Trojan asteroids

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 24 19:53:39 2005

Hi,

    Thank you, Francis, for supplying the name that slipped through the
cracks in my brain at three o'clock in the morning. I knew it started
with "K" and was Slavic, but that's as far as my brain went, and my
Googling finger was numb with overuse.
    They were a subject of derision when first announced (by Kordylewski)
in the 1950's, and I'm glad to know they have been verified, a fact I
will tuck into my brain somewhere away from the cracked areas.
    As for the sky conditions, it sounds like 8000 feet up in the
Colorado Rockies to me. Unfortunately, I actually live dead center in the
Mississippi River basin, with its 15,000 feet of perpetual summer haze
deck, humid, roiling air, deep overcasts, visible photochemical smog, and
occasional tornadoes.
    As for observer's luck, I have spent the last five lunar eclipses
that were supposedly "visible" here standing in my front yard wondering
behind which dark and glowering cloud bank it was happening. I have a
world class collection of photographs of lunar eclipse colors as seen
diffusely refracted by thick clouds.
    Thanks.

Sterling K. Webb