[meteorite-list] Fwd: To all interested Parties

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 22 22:18:41 2005

Hi John B. and all potential travelers,

Very interesting webpage and story. It certainly needed to be told as so
many rumors have been flying around. I think your experience could be
one that could happen in many places where the laws seem to change to
fit the so called crime or benefit the country's treasury or local economy.

I would recommend you go to some of the online travel forums and place
your website and warning there as well.

Obviously what happen to you wasn't fair and being held without charges
is against international law. Makes me wonder if the SOS hadn't been
sounded by your clever Russian Friends what possibly might have happened
to your group! Best of wishes.

--AL

To All Interested Parties

I would like to announce the first of several web pages that is up and
running. The address is www.dontvisitoman.com . We still have work to do
on it to get the translators fully functioning and many more
countries/languages to add. I also have lots of work to do on priority
placement of certain key words (tourist, tourism, travel, traveling,
sights, sightseeing, bird watching, diving, fishing, business, boating,
hotels, off road, car rentals, swimming and of course rock hunting and
geology in conjunction with Oman) on the various internet search
engines. If anyone has any additional ideas as to where to link this
sight for maximum tourist exposure I would welcome any and all
suggestions!! I take full responsibility for this web sights accuracy
and content. We kept meticulous logs of the daily events while being
detained in Oman. Only the pertinent information was used to develop
this page and it's all 100% true. There was also a $50,000.00 US payoff
that was paid to an Omani government official to release us from prison
that was reported. But I have no first hand knowledge of that since it
didn't originate in the US. My only regret is to the honest and friendly
citizens of Oman that will be affected by the loss of tourist dollars
caused by this sight and the other web sights I'm working on. I welcome
any and all comments good, bad or indifferent and suggestions and can be
reached through email at goldmaster_at_gci-net.com . Please take this
travel warning serious this is not meant as a joke or to be humorous.

It's great to be home!!

Warmest Regards

John B.